Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

On medication for UTI. No relief. Pimple on the nipple. Are these connected?

Hey. I recently found out I have a UTI and I was on medication for it, but it didn't help.. They switched the medication to see if it'll work. What would be the cause of this? I've never had sex but I have been fingered, that was back in December so I don't think that's why.. Today I noticed I have a pimple on my nipple as well.. Do those have anything to do with each other? Please help I'm really scared..
Asked On : Tue, 9 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM.

Thank you for your query.

Let me first help you with some basic information on diagnosis and treatment of a UTI (urinary tract infection). For initial suspicion of a UTI, we take into consideration the symptoms (burning while urinating, fever, chills, frequent urination, increased urge to pass urine but reduced quantity of urine passed, etc.). Please note that not all symptoms need to be present to clinically suspect a UTI. Once a clinical suspicion has been raised, we follow this up with a urine analysis, which provides us with further information on a UTI, and on most occasions provides a confirmation as well. This investigation can/should also be followed up by a urine culture examination. The benefits of this investigation are that it provides a confirmation on the presence of the infection; details on the infection causing organism and the most suitable antibiotic that can be used to treat the condition.

This will ensure proper and quick relief of the UTI. Thus I request you to kindly discuss the same, and request for a urine culture examination, if it has not already been conducted.

Next coming to the boil/pimple on your nipple, this could possibly be either acne, montgomery glands (seen in women above 30 years of age' normal occurrence); or a yeast infection.

Please visit your doctor who will surely help you with this. In the meantime, please keep the area clean and apply an over-the-counter medication if accessible which contains benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid. A yeast infection will require anti-fungal creams/ointments, this can be accessible only with a prescription, thus please do visit your doctor.

I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications. I would gladly help you.

Best wishes.
Answered: Tue, 9 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor