Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

On follicular study, follicle about to rupture in a day or two. When should we try for baby?

hi Doctor, I m on my follicle study and its my 12th day and my scanning specialist said it may rupture day after tomorrow most probably. My husband s sperm motility is lower than the normal range ( 45% rapid progressive motiltiy) but good count. i want to know when should we start trying for baby. He has abstained for a week. I ve heard that abstaining for longer time will deteriorate semen quality and also frequent sexes will reduce the chance of conception . I m really confused. when should we start trying continuously or alternate days Neetha
Asked On : Tue, 23 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  130
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Infertility Specialist 's  Response
Hello Neetha,
First i would like to tell 45 %rapid progressive motility is a good motility according to recent WHO semen parameters, so don't worry if other parameters are normal.Well this much of abstinence is not required , 2 to 3 days abstinence is sufficient , or you may not have any abstinence also if you are going for a natural method ( not IUI). You can go for daily or alternate day intercourse from today onwards as you desire.Enjoy the couple life without stress,and you will get the pregnancy if everything is normal. good luck
Answered: Tue, 23 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor