Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

On exercise routine, cut fried food, fish pills, vegetables, oatmeal. Have done tests. Can online doctor help?

I'm 52, have a TC of 227 w/ LDL at 170. BMI is 30.3 and BP can be high at times 145/90-148/100. I'm now on BP meds, so I should be ok with BP. About 30 days ago I started back on an excercise routine (3 times a week burning about 275 calories on a treadmil each time) and cut out all fried food, red meat etc. I've been taking A LOT of fish oil pills and eating a lot of fish, vegetables, walnuts, oatmeal, etc.

Doing this, how long should it take to get my TC back in check?

Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  19
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

LDL should be 100 or less / 70 or less if there are are other associated risk factors, as in your case..
Life style modification - like diet and exercise - constitute the cornerstone... but they have their limitations.../ inherited factors dictate production in liver...
But your levels are rather high - you are unlikely to achieve the target without drugs.
6 to 8 weeks is the time interval to notice significant change - repeat the blood test then...
Discuss with your doctor...

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Mon, 22 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor