Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

On birth control. Missing periods. Pregnancy test negative. Feeling abdominal pain and pressure. Should I see my Physician?

Hello! I am 29 years old and have been on birth control for 15 years. I have never missed my period until 1 week ago, it never came. I am now 10 days late I took 2 urine pregnancy tests and had a blood drawn one also. All came back negative. Since my missed cycle I feel lower abdominal pain/pressure, cramping and lower back pain. I have been taking advil for the pain and using a heating pad . Should I see my Physician?
Asked On : Tue, 17 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  57
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
It is common to miss a period while you are taking a birth control pill regularly. There is nothing to worry. You can continue with your next pack and the periods will start after you finish the next pack.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
Answered: Tue, 17 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor