Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

On and off pain, redness in skin near eye spreading through head. Is it serious?

hi, near my right eye my skin turned red and it hurts alot. At first I thought they were pimples but now im not sure. It feels like every time blood flows through that area, the pain starts then goes away, then starts again... The pain spreads through my head as well. its been 3 days and I have the same problem, is this serious?
Asked On : Mon, 19 Nov 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  25
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi there,
The history and description in this very brief question directs me towards the diagnosis of Heerpes Zoster,although you havent mentioned any vesicles or blisters but i think you need to see a dermatologist to see the lesions live and then proceed. If its what i am thinking of then it needs to be treated urgently to avoid further complications in the future.
I am afraid i cant comment further because i need to see the lesions,and without that its not possible to reach to a final diagnosis.
thanks very much and all the best.
Answered: Thu, 22 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Amit Kumar Agarwal's  Response
is the lesion on the upper eyelid or lower eyelid or the cheek?
does it itch
does the skin above the area peel of?
duration of the lesion?

i need answers to the above que for a proper reply

dr amit
Answered: Thu, 22 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor