Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

On Trazadone and Albutirol. Ejaculation included several semi-solid gelatin-like pieces. Help?

My boyfriend is 58, and a smoker. He does not take any prescription meds except for at night and uses an Albutirol (sp) inhaler as needed. We have have lived together for well over 2 yrs and were in a steady dating relationship for several years prior. Throughout all this time, I have noticed differences in his ejaculations, and did some reading, came to the conclusion that these changes were not unusual and nothing to be concerned with. However, last night it contained several semi-solid gelatin-like pieces, totally opaque, white in color. They were completely smooth and almost seemed rolled up . Back to reading and am wondering now about a possible bacterial infection in one of his ducts? He says there is no pain during sex or release, please advise
Asked On : Tue, 24 Apr 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  54
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Dec 2013

Thanks for posting your query to HCM.

As per the query you need not be worried about the problem. This is quite commmon with men to have semi solid gelatin like pieces or rice like substances in semen. Now you might be wondering what it is then- these are massive concentration of protein compound of the male sperms when we men are refraining from sexual activity for some time. Now this depends on person to person, some men can have it regularly because of high secretion and concentration whilst others can have very little depending on the activity. So the end result is sperm to look like pieces of jelly like substance with whitish to yellowish color. Now as your partner is having no pain during sex or during ejaculation, so no need to go for any tests. Even to reassure yourself you can ask your partner to go for semen examination which will relieve your tension of any bacterial or other type of infections.

Have a healthy relationship and do gie us a follow up,

With best health wishes,

Dr Sanjay K Kanodia
Answered: Sat, 13 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Psychiatrist Dr. Sushil Kumar Sompur's  Response
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

It might be a good idea to have your boyfriend undergo a complete sexually transmitted disease profile testing done so as to rule out any problems with his physical and sexual health. I hope this helps. I believe he is in otherwise good health, except for the albuterol inhaler which does not have anything to do with his sexual health. I hope this helps.

Take care and have a lovely day!
Answered: Sat, 13 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor