Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

On Morphine for chronic pain, increase the dose when pain increases. Any alternative to manage pain for some time ?

Hello I have been taking Morphine for over a year for chronic pain and for the first time I have gone way to my sisters house overnight and left my medication at home. The minimum dose I take is 30mg Morphine Sulphate but have prescription for 50 mg - I take the higher dose when the pain to too much. It is a 12 hour slow release. Due to take overnight dose at 11.00pm in 50 mins time. If I leave to until tomorrow I cannot get to a normal chemist until after 10.00am. can you advise me what to do. I have paracetamol with me and have also taken this on top 1000mg. Our times daily as needed.
Asked On : Wed, 27 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
fOR PARACETAMOL THE MAXIMUM RECOMMENDED DOSE Is 2000 mg per day, If you are not able to get any other pain reliever you can increase your dose to this level but avoid if able to, till you get to chemist and get your prescription medicine
Answered: Sat, 8 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor