Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

On BP medicines, blood tests showed high fbp, Hb1ac. How can I control these without medicines?

Im 46 years, hypertensive since 1997 and on Metoprolol 50mg & Amlopidine 5mg, Ecospirin 150mg and Rosavastatin. On my recent blood test , it was found fbp is 168 and Hbiac is 8.7%. BP is hereditary. My doctors advised me to take metasans 500mg for controlling the sugar. My question is how can i control fbp and Hb1ac without medicine. What are the future risks with these levels.
Asked On : Fri, 21 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  96
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Dear Sir
Hello I am Dr Ravinder Sharma
Your answer to question one -- Diet and Exercise (isometric). I would advise you to consult a endocrinologist. Your diet chart will take in to account your height, weight and will be a customised plan. About 20 to 30 minutes of walking at least 5 days a week will be helpful

Your answer to question 2 - Increase in blood pressure will,lead to tissue injury, renal injury and end organ damage leading to coplications of high blood pressure. High level of HbA1c means that the blood sugar level was not under control in last 6 to 8 weeks. Cases with high HbA1c level have more risk of compiications of diabetes.

I hope this answers your concerns. Feel free to contact me if your need more information on this

With warm regards
Ravinder Sharma
Answered: Fri, 21 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]

Related questions you may be interested in


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor