Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

On Ayurvedic treatment for diabetes, have chest pain, smoke occasionally. Cause of pain?

I am 43 year old male from India. I am diabeticsince 2007. I am taking regular ayurveda treatment and keep check my blood sugar level by Acucheck glocose meter. Druing last few month I started having pain on my left chest . I use to smoke occationaly or say 2 cigrattes in a week. I take proper diet and my wight is normal. I am wondering why I had the pain now it is not paining.
Asked On : Sun, 28 Oct 2012
Answers:  3 Views:  52
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM
In a diabetic patient chestpain must always evaluated for anginal pain as you have not described type of pain and relation with exertion and how it is relieved,even it is atypical it is better to go for medical checkup and proper examination and Cardiac work up like ECG,2 D Echo and if required TMT as this can detect ischaemic disease without symptoms also.
My advise is to quit smoking and take up regular exercise after your medical check up,also check your FBS and PPBS along with Lipid Profile to know any other risk factor present.
Control diabetes by diet and exercise,and ayurvedic medicine but be aware of content of your drug. if blood sugar level is high take proper anti diabetic drugs / insulin if required.
Take care
Good Luck to you
Answered: Mon, 29 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Welcome to HCM.
It looks like pleuritic pain.
If it occurs on exertion, it is wise to get checked to look for cardiac problem.
Wishing you good health---

Answered: Sun, 28 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
donot worry about this pain.becoz pain is nothing if your bld suger & B P is O.K.first you can do E.C.G.and take proper sound sleep.even after taking lunch & dinner you can use antaacid or homeopathic syp Nuxocid 1tsf .than you can send me a report of ECG.
BYE DR Neeraj gupta
Answered: Sun, 28 Oct 2012
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor