Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Old female with stress induced anxiety, depression. Will HGH hormone replacement therapy in a LOW dose help?

I am a 56 year old female with stress induced anxiety and depression . I have gone from 128/130 to 104 since November 2011. My PCP says I cannot afford to loose more weight but cannot eat. This all stems from a lawsuit regarding my home that is sinking. I have read that HGH hormone replacement therapy in a LOW dose helps the anxiety, self-esteem, gives energy, and best of all, I would gain muscle. I have never lost this much weight over anything. Would one cycle of low dose HGH help me?
Asked On : Wed, 20 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  62
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Dec 2014
Welcome to HCM

Anxiety and depressive mood symptoms are observed commonly in elderly females. And also you have stress factor due to lawsuit. To control anxiety, stress, and depression in elderly usually Anti anxiety drugs are advised. Some doctors recommend start of hormone therapy. But hormone therapy has its side effect. Antianxiety medicines like Duloxetine, Milnacipran are very useful in post menopausal females in controlling anxiety and hot flushes. For episodic relief you can go for Clonazepam.
Visit a Psychiatrist for expert opinion.

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi
Answered: Thu, 21 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor