Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Old aged, chest infection, coughs a lot, What should i do?

Hello sir, my name is amandeep kaur. I belong to sirsa haryana. Sir my father is suffering from chest infection. He is taking medicine from civil hospital from 45 days. But there is no improvement in his health. He cough a lot at night. He is 50 year old. we can not see him in trouble. Please suggest me sir What Should we do? should we change the Dr. please help me sir please. Thank You.
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  14
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Infection is not likely to be prolonged so long...
He probably has some immune deficiency, allergy, asthma, complication or some other underlying disease...

He may benefit from a second opinion / from a Pulmonologist
He will need more investigations - like blood chemistry, Lung function tests and CT chest.

PGI Chandigarh / AIMS Delhi are likely to have super-specialities and sub-specialities...

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Mon, 18 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor