Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Odor smell from vagina

Hello, I ve been having a clear, thick mucous like discharge from my vagina. I also noticed a weird smell like cornflakes. Usually people talk about a fishy smell, but no, mine smells like cornflakes. I don t even eat cornflakes. When I first started gettig this discharge, I had very intense itching inside my vagina nd around the vulva. It was also red and swollen, but now none of those symptoms are present except for the discharge and cornflake smell. Can you give me an idea of what this might be please?
Asked On : Sat, 11 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  530
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good Day
It's quite possible it could be Candiadiasis. Presents with cottage-cheese type of discharge, inflammed, red vagina. Have you tested your blood sugar. You can receive antifungal treatment orally BUT you need to consult with your Gynaecologist and get it looked at first.
Answered: Sat, 11 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor