Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Odd feeling in chest, irregular heart beat. Horrid slouch to spine. Treatment?

Hello, my name is Scott and I am 19, almost 20 old. I have a very odd feeling in the middle of my chest and sometimes my heart feels as if it is either skipping or changing to an irregular beat. This is extremely worrying me. It also beats alot harder at times and is very uncomfortable. What can be causing these issues? I have a horrid slouch to my spine, if that helps? I smoke about a half pack of ciggarettes a day and drink on the weekends.
Asked On : Thu, 10 Oct 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  13
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
  User's Response
Than k for asking to HCM
You are just 19 years old and smoking a lot not at all good for your health, the first possibility in your case is nicotine, the nicotine is such agent that greatly alter the heart rhythm, otherwise any underlying heart diseases is less likely, still you have to go for EKG test to confirm this, but first you immediately quit the smoking and watch for wrong going after quitting the smoking, if it becomes alright then just do nothing, take care , have good day.
Answered: Thu, 10 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor