Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Occult blood traces in urine, Esterase level 3+. Bladder or kidney infection? Treatment?

Good morning. I just got the results from some blood work and a urinalysis . My urine has WBC Esterase 3+, Occult blood Trace and WBC 11-30. i did some research and it looks like i have a bladder or kidney infection . Can you tell by these results if it is a kidney infection or a bladder infection? Are there any alternative ways to treat one, rather than antibiotics? Thanks!
Asked On : Wed, 24 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  642
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
  User's Response

Welcome to HCM.
With these results, it is only to possible to say that the infection is in the urinary tract. It is not possible to localize to the kidney or the bladder.
The difference is made out by clinical examination where kidney infectionn causes fever and painful and tender loins or CT SCAN.

Antibiotics are the only ways to treat infection.

Take care
Answered: Fri, 26 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor