Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Occasional high BP stroke, high palpitation after having food, gastric problem, dizziness. Reason?

Hi, I m female, age 32 yrs, ht 5 ft 1 inch, weight 84 kgs, I am suffering from occasional high blood pressure strokes ranging from 150/95 to 170/100. I also feel high pulpitation spec after having food or any drink. Some times I also get gastric problems and I feel dizzy and my heart rate increases, I also feel scared of unknown fever. I got my blood tests, my tlc lvl is 13.6, serum AST is 31, LDH 369, platet count 315. Plz advise
Asked On : Sun, 3 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  31
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
what you describe with occasional high blood pressure pics, palpitations and abdominal pains are a classical presentation of a particular cause of hypertension which is called, a phaechromocytoma. This is a tumour of the adrenal gland that causes excessive secretions of hormones called catecholamines involved in hypertension. I would wish that this should e excluded before any other causes be sought. Urine levels of vanyl Mandelique acid and other blood hormones are usually measured. An abdominal CT scan is usually asked for in most cases.
Consult your cardiologist for a a proper evaluation.
Thanks and hope this helps,
Luchuo, MD/
Answered: Mon, 4 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor