Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Occasional heavy bleeding or prolonged cycles. Have tubes tied. Have night sweats, chills. Should I see a doctor?

46 year old woman presents with 20 + day bleeding cycle Monthly cycle every 28 days mostly regular through out course of menses but occasionally would have heavy bleeding or prolonged cycles. Should She see a doctor? Tubes tied at age 23 so no birth control measures taken for many years. Tired and run down, severe night sweats for 15 years, have episodes of chills and feeling cold.
Asked On : Sun, 3 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  14
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
Prolonged bleeding or heavy bleeding is a worrisome symptom and should be treated properly. It can happen due to uterine fibroids or a hormonal imbalance. You need to consult your gynecologist for proper investigations.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
Answered: Mon, 4 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor