Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Occasional back pain. Treatment? How to start physical activity?

I am 32 years old, and I am an Accounts Manager at a private firm. I have had back problems for more than 3 years. I have been at this job for 6 years. I do not exercise, walk or engage in any physical activity. I have lower back pain on and off, sometimes it continues for days and then goes away. Sometimes its weeks, maybe couple of months, before the pain returns. It starts at the hip, sometimes left, sometimes right, and radiates along the back of the thigh. I need to know waht course of action to take for treatment, and how should I start with the physical activity, should I see some expert for my physical exercise.
Asked On : Sun, 18 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  41
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Spine Surgeon 's  Response
You must sit with spine supported and strictly avoid bending forward. Weight reduction if you are overweight can be of great help. May do back extension exercises to strengthen the back muscle. You can consult a spine specialist and or physiotherapist.
Answered: Sun, 18 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor