Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Obsession, extreme insecurity due to bad experiences in the past. Had a fun loving and outgoing nature. What treatment should be taken?

Hi Doctor, My boyfriend has a problem which we think to be a psycological problem. He has sleepless nights, like for example we work in a call center so his shift is from 5.30 PM to 2.30 AM and on Monday night after work he went home and usually on a dialy basis talks to me from 4.30-5.30 AM..we did the same on Monday after work and then we went to sleep. Like everyday I woke him at 3.30 in the afternoon and he started complaining that he slept at 1.00 in the after noon and got up at 3.30...he then came to the company but left home at 10.30 n did not sleep until 6 in the morning...He got up at 4 in the evening today and said he finally had a sleep for 9 hours. This happens on a regular basis. Apart from this he is very short tempered...when he is angry, the levels of anger shoot up the peak or even go beyond....He is extremly possesive too. I have a new project I am currently working for so as I am going through a training he gets me a new color pen everyday to write my notes and one of my colleague took one of the pen as he had a training as well and my boyfriend got very very angry about it and infact stopped talkin to me. The other day my Manager spoke to me in a rude tone which was not needed as there was no mistake of boyrfriend sits right beside my Manager and he over heard the way my manager spoke to me and got very hyper about it. Infact he wanted to beat him up. I had to make him understand a lot. He has lot of insecurities when it is about me. I want to know what exactly is he going through as he was not like this before. He says he was very fun loving and outgoing person but then he had a bad relationship in the past. What is the treatment for this. I need your help in this. Will be waiting for you to answer my query. Sincerely, Anonymous.
Asked On : Sat, 12 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  92
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
he is suffering from mood disorder. for him mood stablizer like divaa od 500 mg in night time for 2 month and counselling will do wonder. consult nearby psychiatrist asap
Answered: Sun, 30 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor