Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Obese, experiencing incontinence usually during cough, have strong odor, flatus. Treatment suggestion?

I am a 59 year old obese female. I am experiencing incontinence , mostly when I cough . This discharge has a strong odor and I am gassy. Although I mentioned this last month when I went for a check-up, the doctor was concerned with my hypertension , getting my mamogram done, etc (running tests). I due back for a return on Thursday and I want him to take care of the issues I mentioned above. How do i get him to LISTEN!
Asked On : Fri, 11 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  16
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hi there,
Welcome to Healthcare Magic,

I can understand your concern, as the age advances the ligaments around the uterus they become lax and weak. So along with it the uterus drags the surrounding structures like bladder and upper urethra. for this reason when ever you cough or strain urine leaks out..its known as STRESS INCONTINENCE.

For this problem you should consult a Uro-Gynaecologist.

Answered: Sat, 27 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor