Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Obese. Having depression, mild asthma. Also have dizziness. Suggest to get tested for blocked coronary artery?

Hi I am 48 and considered obese ( BMI around 32). I have a long history of depression and I m Venlafaxine for this. I have real difficulty losing weight and seem to have lost all athletic motivation over the last few years. My diet is probably a little high in saturated fat but I don t smoke. I do hav mild asthma . I have been feeling fairly non-specific chest pain for some time (2-3 years), usually short in duration and not especially on exertion. I also get light headed sometimes dizzy.. Would you suggest I get tested for blocked coronary and/or carotid arteries?
Asked On : Sun, 31 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  13
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

You have not said of any characteristics of the pain – pain from the heart is oppressing, in central chest (and left), worse on effort, may radiate to shoulders and arms, associated with sweating and so on. You have said one location – but not which location!

Your symptoms do not suggest CAD. However, it is better to have a Treadmill Exercise Electrocardiogram (TMT). If it is normal, nothing to do – except to repeat annually. If in doubt, further work up is done..

The body's balancing mechanism is in the inner ear. An ENT (Ear Nose Throat) specialist is the one to see - especially in the presence of tinnitus. They have special tests to confirm or exclude the contribution of the ear...

Weight is like bank account. The account grows when you withdraw less (Cut down unnecessary physical work) and you deposit more (eat more). If the weight is picking up, it only means – the exercise is not enough or the food is more. See a good dietician - you have to reduce the quantity of your food and change the quality too. You need regular exercise.

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Mon, 1 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor