Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
164 Doctors are Online

Numbness in the body, black outs. Suffered tachycardia. Could this be related to dental cavity?

hi ive been having some problems with blacking out, numbness of certain parts of my body and i feel that im dying. ive been to emergency room 4 or 5 times and no problems except for tachycardia, which i can imagine is from being scared. ive noticed recently that i have a few bad cavities, and wonder if they could cause my problems?if not what are some options?
Asked On : Sun, 7 Apr 2013
Answers:  4 Views:  46
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dentist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to hcm forum,
The numbness in your body and tachycardia do not have any connection with dental caries.
Please do visit your dentist soon.
Scaling and restoration of cavities has to be done.
Chlorhexidine mouthrinses can be used to gargle.
Plenty of fluids has to be taken and keep yourself nourished.
Maintain good oral hygiene.
Regarding your systemic health is concerned,avoid anxiety and stress.
Lead a peaceful life.
Please get a thorough examination by your physician.
Take care.
Answered: Thu, 25 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Anshumala Singh's  Response
Dear friend.

Thanks for sharing your concern.

As posted in your history you are suspecting few bad cavities in your mouth.

Do you have any related pain ,swelling or bleeding from gums?please mention that.
Have you got them examined.Any dental x ray has been taken?

Are you taking any medications presently?how old are you?

Please furnish these details for exact diagnosis.

For your other symptoms like blackouts,and numbness in body parts,you must see Your physician.

Tachycardia is also not related.But you should never ignore it.get it examined for the cause.

please let me know for further query and answer these queries so that i can suggest better towards your oral health.

Thanks and take care.
Answered: Fri, 26 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Qazi Ammara's  Response

Thanks for asking the query,

Numbness in the body, tachhycardia do not have any relation with tooth pain, I would suggest you to visit to Physician and get checkup done.
For tooth cavities you need to visit the Dentsit get the clinical evaluation done take x-rays of the tooth and get it filled, if the cavities are deep involving the pulpal tissue Root canal treatment has to be performed.
Go for symptomatic treatment of complete mouth scaling and polishing.
Maintain a good oral hygiene, use antiseptic mouthwash gargles twice daily.

Hope this helps out.

Answered: Thu, 25 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Dentist Dr. Farah Hussain's  Response

Hello there ,

Thanks for writing your query,

Tooth decay is nothing but bacterial infection that spreads to the deeper structures of the tooth leading to caviti formation or when it involves the tooth nerve tissue leading to pulpitis.

such decayed teeth can be treated by simple restoration or root canal procedure if needed.

Tachycardia or high blood ressure has got no connection with dental caries .

It is a emergency medical condition and definately needs to b treated by a general physician.

for dental issues ,
exact diagnosis can be made only after clinical examination and evaluation by taking radiographs.

i would suggest you to get and OPG radiograph done which will help in diagnosis and accordingly treatment can be planned .
consult an dentist and get the examination done.

i hope this helps ,

take care.
Answered: Thu, 25 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor