Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Numbness in legs extending to right. CT scan showed growth on lower spinal C4. Suggestions for further treatment?

Thanks doctor for giving me this previllage to discuss my elder brother s case. He has been having numberness on his left leg and then slowly it is moving to his right leg. I took him to consult a specilist othorpeadic surgeon and he prescribed a CT scan . He had two scans, One an ordinary one and the other with dye. The dyed one showed some form of growth at the lowere spinal C4 ???/. He told me he is not able to do the surgery in PNG referred us to Australia. I have been trying to do the fundraisings for him here but PNG seem to be a whom you business. People just can t elp unless you have some sort of connection with them. Anyway I was wondering if you can help with some advise or refere me to a specialist doctor who can assist help my brother. I will very much appreciate you and your team help. God Bless Bernice
Asked On : Fri, 25 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  91
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The numbness in the legs is more likely to be caused by a lesion in the lumbar spine. Regular physiotherapy and methylcobalamin supplements can decrease the numbness.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal ,
Answered: Sun, 8 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor