• question-icon

Numbness in left hand, pins and needles in thumb. Why pain?

Can you help me please. I get numbness in my left hand , pins and needles in my thumb , index finger , middle finger and in wrist with tingling . Sometimes I get a chill run down my arm and hand gets stone cold and then burning hot. I also get a bubbly feeling inside my hand as well. I have had test done for carpal tunnel but it came back negative. I have seen a senior physiotherapist and she said my wrist felt creaky when she tried to move it. I am having a lot of pain with it. What can it be?
Fri, 17 Aug 2012
You may have subclavian steal syndrome in which patient may have obstructed subclavian artery and vein and brachial plexus by abnormal 1st rib.
Presence of tingling and numbness with cold extremity favor the diagnosis.
You should also consult with surgeon and go for chest x ray.
Thanks,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava