Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Numbness in feet, swollen feet. Applied ice. Should I have it checked?

I was walking around on the hard tile in house yesterday. Then sat down sewing and started to feel numbness in ball of right foot . When I looked I was shocked to see ball of foot swollen and purple and blue,2inches around the ball. Do not recall hitting it at all. Large broken blood vesse is apparent. Now it s 24 hrs. Later and it still looks awful. I have stayed off feet with ice on it and elevated. I am 67 yr. old female without any health problems. Should I have this checked by dr. Susan Grolemund
Asked On : Sat, 2 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  27
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
I would suggest you to get X ray to check if there is any bony injury. It is always safer as in above 60 in females bone are very brittle.
Apply ice and Diclofenec ointment to ankle joint
Apply compression bandage and keep it elevated over pillow.
Answered: Fri, 28 Mar 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor