Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Numbness below the knee. Have arthritis, excruciating pain. Treatment ?

Hi. I fell on my knee on Monday on a congrete sidewalk. I can walk but there is numbness below the knee. For the most part, there is little pain except when I hit/knock it just right I have excrutiating pain. When I get on the floor to play with my dogs, I cannot put pressure on that knee. I also have arthritis in this knee and just spent the summer getting lubrication shots. Should go see my orthopedist or just continue to put ice on the knee? Thanks for your help
Asked On : Wed, 22 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  27
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
I would suggest you to see a doctor as there may be a ligament injury or knee synovitis. It is always better to have a surgeon's opinion. Till that time you can apply ice and compression bandage. Avoid sitting cross leg or squatting.
Answered: Sat, 21 Jun 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor