Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Numbness and tingling on the left hand and face, blurry vision, migraine. Should I consult a neurologist?

i had the worst migraine in my life yesturday, it started with my left had going knumb and tingly, then the left side of my face, after a few minutes my vision was very blurry to the point i could hardly see, then i had the worst pain ever above my right eye in my forehead , then came vomiting , the pain lasted ages, then i selpt for over 12 hours and felt ok then when i woke up, what can i do to help these attacks as i dont get them very often but when i do each one gets worse, i have been to see my GP and was told that if this happens again they will send me to see a neurologist , but when i have been back there has been no mention, i cannot cope with this any more can you give me some advice, Thank you
Sat, 12 Apr 2014
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
It seems from the history that you are having numbness, tingling on left side of face and blurring of vision. These symptoms indicate migraine headache.
The treatment of the condition is by use of analgesics and anti-inflammatory drugs in the acute episode.
However the recurrent attacks require use of prophylactic drugs like flunarizine or beta blockers like propranolol.
Hence your GP has told to consult neurologist for prescription of drugs.

Thank you
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor