Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Numbness and swelling with pain in the face and neck after an accident. Do I need emergency care?

i was rear ended in car accident 2 days ago... my sympthoms and getting worse now....i can feel numbness in my face and my neck is really swollen and it hurts in both sides. During the night i have to grab my head to be able to move or sit up. should i visit a clinic? since i went to ER the day ofthe accident,, but they said my bones are perfect.
Asked On : Tue, 4 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  55
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response

I have read your query.

Yes you should definitely go to clinic as this may get even worsen with time.

There may be soft tissue injury which is not evident on xray.

Your doctor will do clinical examination and advise you MRI scan if needed.

Till then take aceclofenac+serratiopeptidase tablet three times a day by prescription.


Answered: Sun, 29 Jun 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor