Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Numbness and coldness on one side of the head, arm, neck, spine on bending followed by sharp pains in the spine on leaning forward, eye test showed number in the eye. What could be the cause?

Hi, I just had a pretty weird experience a few minutes ago and decided to search for a way to figure out what it was. Well I was sitting down watching tv and I bent my head down to peel some skin off from my stomach because I just recently had a bad sunburn ..well when I bent my head down the back left side of my head started feeling cold and numb and my whole left arm started feeling the same way all the way down to my pinky finger and also my neck on the side as well and it extended down about 6 inches on the left side of my spine. And also whenever I tilt my head forward and to the right I start getting a sharp pain extended about 6 inches down my upper back on the left side of my spine. And my visions has gotten progressively worse over the past year or so. In 2010 I had a vision test done and my eye sight was 20/25 in my right eye and 20/20 in my left...well I just had another one done for the military this month and my eye sight was 20/20 in my left eye but now it s 20/40 in my right eye and I can t focus on anything more than 5 feet away without my right eye starting to wander inwards and I feel like I m going cross eyed. I was wondering if maybe a pinched nerve in my neck could be cutting off blood flow to the back left side of my brain and contributing to the decrease in my eye sight as well as the pain an numbness in my back and arm?
Asked On : Sun, 24 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  96
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Welcome To HCM.
I have read your problem several times and found that this is not actually related to SKIN HAIR and NAIL section.
You could better consult a neurosurgeon for recent problem and an ophthalmologist for visual disturbance.
I think you might need an MRI of spine to explore your condition.
With regards.
Answered: Sun, 24 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor