Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Noticed small fleshy bumps around anus. Genital herpes?

I have been married 7 years and faithful to my husband and I believe he has also been faithful. I have recently noticed small fleshy bumps around my anus and have been reading online and believe that it could be genital warts . How is this possible if my husband and I have been faithful to each other. Before we were married I found out that my husbnad had given me genital herpes which is now under control.
Asked On : Tue, 5 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  198
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
By your description and history it does sound as though you have genital herpes. Once you have contracted genital herpes the virus stays in your body for the rest of your life. This virus will then under favorable circumstances cause the regrowth of warts. These new warts need to be treated with antiviral medication. Please remember to have your yearly PAP test done, as genital herpes may also be the causation for cervical cancer. electrocautery may also be used to remove the warts you now have. Unfortunately it is too late for you but please do teach your daughters that there is an immunization available against genital herpes. I stress this does not suggest your husband has been unfaithful after your marriage . I trust you find this helpful.
Answered: Tue, 5 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor