Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Noticed dry white patches on penis and genital area. Looking for cure

Have dry white patches on pennis and top genital area. I have small white dry patches on my pennis and genital area, within my puebic hair. They are not itchy, when dry appears white flakey patches and if you put water on them they disapper. They looked like a red rash and where the rash was. They began to be dry white as day patches.
Asked On : Thu, 27 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  214
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dec 2012
Hello Thomas,
Thanks for presenting your problem to us.
You are having a skin infection that could be folliculitis. This starts when hair follicles are damaged by clothing, blockage of the follicle, shaving etc Most of the time will be infected by staph. The present as pimples and may crush over. Treatment will be use of topical (e.g clindamycin cream) or oral (e.g cloxacillin) antibiotics that can fight against staph infection. Also possible that your affection might be of fungal origin ( tinea cruris) and would need antifungal such as miconazole cream.
If you are sexually active, a much further investigation could be done by your doctor to rule out the presence of syphilis ( most unlikely given your description).
A visit to your doctor or a dermatologist will be well decided.

Hope this helps
Answered: Thu, 27 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor