Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Noticed black/brownish on nipple. Should I consult a doctor?

Hi there,

A good year ago or so, while at a vacation I noticed a black / brownish (mainly black) spot on my right nipple, at first I freaked out a bit, however I assumed it was harmless. One year later though, at the age of 16, The spot is still there, and it has neither shrunk nor increased in size. Its about a pen sized spot, and I'm curios as to what it could be, and if I should consult a doctor regarding it.

Thanks a lot, Male 16.
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  32
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Oncologist, Surgical 's  Response
Dear Sir,

Sorry to hear about your problem. The spot is most likely normal pigmentation which occurs around puberty (even in males) and is nothing to be scared or alarmed. If it is associated with a lump, then it could be gynecomastia, which also occurs in males around this age and subsides on its own.

You should just monitor the lesion. If it increases in size, then you should consult a doctor.

Hoping for the best.
Answered: Fri, 3 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor