Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Noticed a black dot on the inside of my mouth.My tongue it feels like a blister swollen. What else can it be?

i just noticed a black dot on the inside of my mouth. when i feel it with my tongue it feels like a blister swollen. but it s black, i thought may be blood clot. i can t remember if i bit the side of my cheek or not. but if it s not from me biting, what else can it be? I m very worried .i am a female
Asked On : Wed, 5 Jan 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  433
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Dentist 's  Response
Most probably it should be a blood clot and you can get it checked by brush biopsy which is a non-invasive method to check oral lesions which can check malignant cell by an accuracy of 1 on 10000 cells.
It may be a harmless pigmentation so you just need to examine it and take appropriate steps only if you need any change in its size or if you have any pigments.

Thanks and regards.
Answered: Wed, 5 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor