Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

Not taking birth control to regulate periods. Suffering from PCOS. Have irregular bleeding. Do I have cancer or endometriosis?

Hello, I have PCOS and have not had a regular period in 2 years. I refuse to take birth control to regulate it. But now I am getting really worried, I have had an on & off going period for a month now. I have DR appt in a couple days, but without a regular DR to call I don t know what to do. It is getting heavier with small clots....?? I understand there is probably a large amount of lining that needs to be shed but I am still worried about if I have cancer , endometriosis or something else. Can you give me an idea of what might be going on? Please Help.
Asked On : Mon, 28 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  11
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Oncologist, Radiation 's  Response
you may have endometriosis, you said you have PCOS. in PCOS irregular peroids are very common because this is a condition of male sex hormone excess. mainly occurs due to LH hormone and altered Insulin sensitiveness. please consult your gynaecologist. because period regularization and modifying insulin sensitiveness is mainstay of treatment. ultrasound or MRI can give you a clue of proper diagnosis. anyway your present symptoms does not match any cancer.
Answered: Mon, 28 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor