Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Not suffering with TB, have old koch scar on lungs. How can I get rid of it?

Having old koch scar in right lung , not suffering from TB. How to hide scars? hello doctor..i am having old koch scar in my right lung of now i want to work abroad .so is there any way to hide these scars before i go for a x-ray? pls suggest me if is there any way to hide these scar?because i m nt suffering from TB and i have never been suffered from TB as well. pls...
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  406
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Delacruz! Thank you for your question and welcome to HCM. I am sorry to say that there is no way to hide or get rid of old TB lesions. You may have had a primary complex (also from TB) when you were a child. This lesion becomes calcified later on in life which now appears as the "old koch scar". I hope I was able to answer your query. Take care and good luck!

Dr. Galera
Answered: Fri, 5 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor