Not sexually active, want to discontinue melodene. What are the risks?

i am 55 years of age, and have been taking melodene until recently. i would like to stop using contraception totally, as my husband and i are no longer sexually active (for about 3 years now - he is diabetic). also I dont smoke . what are the risks to me should i discontinue using melodene? PS . i live in cape town, south africa.
Mon, 25 Jun 2012
Melodene is an Oral contraceptive which is a combination of gestodene and ethinyl-estradiol.It acts by inhibiting your gonadotrophic hormone release from your pituitary gland and by thickening your cervical mucosa.You can stop melodene without much hassle.Usually you may experience some withdrawal bleeding.It will be more dangerous for you to continue taking melodene at your age as it increases the chances of a heart attack or stroke.It also increases your chancesof brast cancer if you continue melodene.

Recent questions on Heart attack