Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Not interested in study, tensed and confused

sir,i am an guy of 25 age.i am trying to complete BE in haliyal college from last 6 year and still unable to now i have lost interest in studying and every thing. i am very very tensed and confused about my life.our family is middle class and dont no what to do now and where to go.pls doctor atleast you show me way
Asked On : Fri, 20 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  24
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Hi Raghavendra,

Welcome to Healthcare Magic and thanks for your question...

I'm sorry to hear that you have been having a difficult time, esp. with regards to completing your studies. Firstly, the very fact that you have realized that you are having difficulties coping up and have seeked help means that you have taken the first step in solving your problems. I understand that it can be quite dejecting to keep failing repeatedly in something and sometimes this can give an impression that all is lost and that there is no hope. And that feeling can often sap our confidence and leave us with a negative view about anything and everything. It's like seeing the future wearing dark glasses... everything will appear only dark!

What I usually advise my patients is to look only at the 'here and now' and not keep brooding about the past or using it as a yardstick to predict the future.

So, firstly get yourself together and say: Okay, this is the situation I am in... it may be a difficult situation... but what I'm going to do is look forward and find ways to solve this... rather than saying: I have failed so many times before, so I don't think I can succeed. This attitude will give you enough confidence to face any problems that may come your way and if your confidence is high, then your performance is also going to be better.

Also, try to avoid any stressors which may be preoccupying you and hindering your ability to concentrate.

It is also important to talk to someone when you're feeling down and low - it may be a relative or close friend or if necessary, a counsellor or a psychiatrist.

I'm sure you'll do well. All the best...

- Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist
Answered: Thu, 24 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor