Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Not interested in sex, taking zoloft for anger issues. Treatment?

I am 26 years old and I never want to have sex with my husband. We ve been married almost 6 years and have a 9 month old daughter. He asks me almost every night and I just say no. Then, he gets mad at me and acts like a jerk the next day or two. I m tired of this and how he acts. I know I have an extremely low sex drive to the point its pretty much non-existent, but he just doesn t respect me for it. He just pretty much stays mad till we have a huge fight and don t make up for days. I m afraid it will have a huge impact on our daughter as she is getting older with all the fighting. I am currently on zoloft for anger issues.
Asked On : Sat, 19 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  42
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Radiologist 's  Response
May 2014
Thanks for writing in.

You and your husband might need a few sessions with a sex therapist. Sex therapy views sexual issues as being resolved by specifically addressing them, rather than by the assumption that when the individuals in a relationship work out the relationship issues, the sex will just fall into place. Sex therapists also tend to have much greater than average knowledge about the physiological processes that are a part of human sexuality. We tend to work collaboratively with physicians to address the entirety of the causes of sexual concerns.

Hope this helps

Answered: Sun, 27 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor