Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Not able to retract penile foreskin. Is it a birth defect? Is surgery necessary?

Hello Sir, My Son (5 yrs) having an issue in urinary part, where the skin is not completely sliding over. My doctor suggested for an operation. I gues its similar to sunnath. But my doubt is, 1) what will be the scenario if not operated? 2) Is it a Birth defect? 3) Will insurance companies entertain the cliam on such operations?
Thanks In Advance. - Mohan
Asked On : Mon, 1 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  56
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have
what is called as Phimosis from birth.

The only treatment option is to get circumcised
.This is a simple surgery done by qualified General Surgeon under local anaesthesia as a day care procedure .

It offers permanent solution to have pain free enjoyable sexual life in future.
Answered: Sat, 15 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor