Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Not able to conceive,only brown discharge, HPT negative. What treatment should i go for?

I was supposed to get my period on March 12, but it did not arrive. All that I ve had since is a brown discharge . My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for four years now. I don t have any other symptoms that my period is going to show up or that I am pregnant. I ve taken two HPTs and both have been negative. I also have had two ectopic pregnancies: one in 1999 and one in 2005. I have not been able to get pregnant since my last ectopic. What should I do?
Asked On : Wed, 20 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  19
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Mar 2013
Thank you for your query.
Firstly, with a history of two ectopic pregnancies, you have a high possibility of tubal damage, that is if the tubes havent already been removed.
If they have been removed, the only option is obviously IVF or in vitro fertilization.
If they are intact, or one is intact, you still need to consult an Infertility specialist at the earliest.
You should have complete basic hormonal assessment.
Also you should undergo a diagnostic laparoscopy to assess function of your fallopian tubes.
Your ovulation should be documented.
Husband's semen analysis should be done.
Do not wait now and consult a doctor at the earliest.
Take care.
Answered: Wed, 20 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Achuo Ascensius's  Response
thanks for using health care magic.
Your past gyneco-obstetrical history is very relevant and could explain the reason why you have not been able to conceive recently.
If you were operated during your last two ectopic pregnancies and during each surgery the ectopic pregnancy was in a tube and it was cut out together with the tube, then your tubes are no longer patent and sperm cannot reach the egg for fertilization.
A common cause of ectopic pregnancy is a chronic infection in your pelvis which can also cause fluid or pus to accumulate in the tubes thereby preventing sperms from reaching the egg.
Given your history, these are the most likely causes that have to be ruled out before looking at other possible causes.
What you should do is to re visit the report of the management of your ectopic pregnancies and if the managment was conservative ( medical treatment or by endoscopy) you should get an ultrasoud and a hysterosalpingography tests to evaluate for chronic infection and patency of your tubes.
Best regards and hope this helps you.
Dr. Achuo
Answered: Wed, 20 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor