Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Nose soreness, crusting, bleeding, white sores, mucus in back of throat. What is this?

I have had a sore in my nose for about two weeks, alot of crusting, some bleeding. There appear to be a few white sores and the tissue is red and slightly inflamed. For the last two days, the mucus in the back of my nose/ throat has become thick and is causing me to gag. Could you tell me what this is and if I should see a doctor?
Asked On : Thu, 8 Nov 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  159
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
It appears that due to chronic or allergic rhinitis there might be having some infection in your nasal mucosa giving rise to this problem.
Take some decongestant medicine for 2-3 days.
Go for one antibiotic medicine for 3 days.
apply some antibiotic cream in nose.
Do not try to remove crusts from nose as it may precipitate bleeding from nose.
Avoid cold drinks.
Ok and take care.
Answered: Wed, 4 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
ENT Specialist Dr. Hariom Sharma's  Response
I had gone through your query , it suggests that your are suffering from the rhinosinusitis with oropharyngitis.
In this type of our patients I advised the course of antibiotics, antiallergic, normal saline nasal drops with liquid paraffin .
Avoid nasal pricking .
Better to consult ENT specialist.

Wish you good health
Dr Hariom Sharma
Answered: Wed, 4 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor