Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Nose piercing done, pus, bleeding from piercing. Wants to wear gold stud. Cure?

I got my nose pierced 2 weeks ago. It was good in the beginning but I used to touch it again and again and wanted to remove the stick of Neem tree and put stud in the hole. Because of this mistake I made my piercing worst. Now everyday I see puss and blood in my piercing. Tell me what should I do now. I want to wear a Gold stud ASAP. Please help.
Asked On : Mon, 26 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  71
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi there,
If i was your doctor i would recommend u to start oral antibiotics and advise you to wash your piercing area with pyodine or dettol twice daily and apply some topical antibiotic cream or gel on it after drying it completely. As far as the gold stud is concerned, u can wear it after the puss and blood stop coming out from your piercing area. Till then keep it clean, dont touch the area again n again and dont miss your antibiotic.
Dr. Ammar.
Answered: Fri, 25 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor