Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Nose injury. Swelling, minor bump along the bridge, visible from certain angles. Will massage help?

I was hit on my nose and did not apply cold compress for days. It s been a year now and the swelling went down but I have minor bump along the bridge of my nose only on one side. It s almost imperceptible, but I can feel it and it s visibly different from a certain angle. My nose wasn t broken, but it swelled, and I m wondering since it s been a year can massage break it down if it is a calcification or callus?
Asked On : Wed, 17 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  149
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Cardiologist 's  Response
One year is very long - what ever the original insult was, it must have totally healed and organised.
Probably is was blood that got organised.
Massage is unlikely to have any benefit at this time - on the other hand, it can irritate and worsen!
If you are really bothered, a plastic surgeon could be of help
Good luck
Answered: Wed, 17 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor