Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

Nose bleeding, experienced headache. Placet in blood was normal. Which specialist to consult?

HI dear Dr/Nurse, My husband 37 yeas old during last week had 4 times nose bleeding , he didnot blow, or touch his nose...blablblab....the only thing I have to mention is that 1. he had headech 2. he ate daily 1 cup of icecream (recently change of diet ) 3. the whether was abit dirty in Malaysia these days and warm but we didnot go outside since it was weekend 4. the first time about 15 min, the second time after bath, and the 4th time yesterday about 45 min, after 6 days gap with the first time (it was his first episode, he never had this problem in the past)//// I have done some google, and I am afraid if he is having a serious problem that Doctor in here couldnot find out? the blood pressure yesterday was 137-70 ...and his placate in the blood was normal acording to the blood test , but would you please do let me know if we have to do any further test or which specialist we have to refer to? I am aking on behalf of my husband who is 37 years old no previous episode just had some Fungi in his private part already....and he used some medicine for NON itching....and applied some cream too..but this goeas back to 1month past ...
Asked On : Thu, 21 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  88
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi,Thanks for query,
common cause for bleeding from nose and having headache is having high blood pressure.
As he had BP normal but it is possible that after bleeding may show normal bp.
Go for regular bp check up and keep record and after record go for treatment accordingly.
Another cause might be some congestion or soreness in the nose giving him this problem so consult ENT sp.for local examination.
Meanwhile ask him not to touch or squeeze his nose.
Put decongestant nasal drops like Otrivin or nasivion nasal drops.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Thu, 21 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor