Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Nose bleed after car accident, bruise. CT Scan needed?

I got in car accident a little over 24 hours ago, I hit my head on a soft area of my car ( the padded sun visor) but it caused my nose to bleed . I insisted on not going to the hospital, but now I am reading that a nosebleed after a hit to the head could be a sign of a brain bleed. I feel fine but the area where I hit feels like a bruise . Should I go to the ER for a CAT scan?
Asked On : Mon, 2 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  888
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Hi,Thanks for query,
As 24 hours are passed,it seems that there is no injury to the brain. If you do not have any problem like dizziness,confusion,vomiting or any brain related complain,you do not worry.
It is possible that you might got some local injury on the nose giving you bleeding.
It is better to consult your doctor and get examined,locally and examination of CNS.
There may be fracture of small nasal bones or some wound in the nose.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Wed, 30 May 2012
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor