Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Normally calm person, religious minded, having doubts with his wife, showcasing violent behavior. Treatment?

Hi my uncle is very religious person his married 16 yrs now n have 2 kids, he is nice to everyone but he doubts everything specially his wife n gets violent with her. n after few hours he gets normal says sorry. N persuade her to b normal now she wants that he should b treated so pls help her, is this a disease n can it b treated ?
Asked On : Wed, 5 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  17
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response

Welcome to HealthcareMagic Public Forum

Having excessive doubt, suspicion and violent behavior indicate presence of some severe psychiatric illeness like delusional disorder. In such cases counseling only, do not help.

Several time excessive alcohol use may lead to similar symptoms, so stop alcohol use (if present).

But, do not worry as effective treatment available and seek psychiatrist help as soon as possible.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Wish you Good Health.

Dr. Ashish Mittal
Answered: Wed, 12 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor