Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Non stop bleeding due to STD. No improvement by taking birth control pills. Should I continue taking Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo?

Should I continue to take Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo for STD related bleeding. I ve been bleeding since January 23rd and all the doctor (planned parent hood) did was give me birth control pills. The bleeding has not subsided yet. Should I continue.? I really do think I have a STD.. She wants to do a pelvic exam, but I m still bleeding. She keeps telling me to come back when the bleeding stops I m 19 btw..
Asked On : Tue, 3 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  48
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
OBGYN 's  Response
Hi, I think you need to visit a gynaecologist for a detailed history & examination. Bleeding ( especially when it is continuous is not a contra-indication for examination rather your case need an urgent review). You must have lost a large amount of blood, therefore please check your Complete Blood Count & a pelvic ultrasound scan to find out the cause of your bleeding, so that a specific treatment can be given to you. If you think you have acquired a STD, you may go to the nearest GUM clinic for full screening & treatment advice. Bleeding is no contra-indication for this either. Take a nutritious diet & a multivitamin & mineral supplement after discussing with your doctor to build up your stores. Take care.
Answered: Tue, 3 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor