Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
186 Doctors are Online

Non-smoker, has asthma, reduced lung capacity, normal X-ray, CT scan of chest, ige panel 25, allergy and aspergillius tests suggested. Advice?

66yr old male diagnosed 2 yrs ago with asthma . my pulmonologist said in the last 2 yrs i lost 18 pct of lung capacity when i had breathing tests chest x ray is normal. he wants to send for ct scan of chest and ige panel 25 hydroxy vit. d alpha anthtrpsin test ne allergy panel and aspergillius precipitins test i am a non smoker . what other scenarios due you think he might be looking for
Asked On : Wed, 6 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  92
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Pulmonologist 's  Response
thanks for ur enquiry
yes if ur diagnosis of asthma is right its very unusual to be diagnosed of having asthma at 64 years of age, if it really happened then it is adult onset asthma the prognosis of which is worse than the childhood onset variety. above all u have lost 18 pct of lung capacity. in this regards we have to search something in asssociation...may be an underlying diffuse parenchymal lung this regard an HRCT scan thorax should have to be done. ur physician also suspected of allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis that's why he is asking for those tests. it is a good approach. let the test be done and consult with ur doctors after reports are getting available..need not to worry
Answered: Wed, 6 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor