Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Non-healing wound on the ear. Tried salt water and peroxide. Pus formation. What to do?

Hi I just gauged my ear to the next size up and I waited about two months for my ears to heal butwhen I put these in the next day my ear was hurting really bad and itt was oozing puss out. It has not started bleeding yet. I can t take it out cause it hurts so bad. I have been putting warm salt water on it and peroxide . What should I do?
Asked On : Sun, 8 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  121
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Aug 2013
hello and welcome to health care magic,

Your lobe seems to have infected and although it involves just a proper medication and cleaning it has to be done by an ENT so that any scarring or permanent injury can be avoided.

So do not do self cleaning and consult an ENT as soon as possible who will also medicate a proper combination of antibiotic and anti inflammatory medications along with local cleansing.

In any case keep the area dry and clean and wait for it to get cleaned and healed completely.


Dr Sriram Nathan
Answered: Wed, 9 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor