Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
142 Doctors are Online

Non healing ulcer on left leg, no skin formation, underlying tissue has healed. Treatment?

My Mother has a developed an ulcer on her left leg on the instep. Its not healing .. The underlying tissue seemed to have healed but the skin formation is not happening. I have been showing to orthopedic doctor since she had got a fracture and a plaster was put which resulted in a blister on her leg. Its been 3 weeks when the doctor opened the wound and now its still not healing.
Asked On : Fri, 18 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  19
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hello.You will need an edge biopsy of the ulcer to find the cause.You haven't mentioned if she is diabetic or hypertensive or has any other major illness.Instep of the sole requires a long time to heal.There are a lot of healing materials like collagen dressing to help heal the ulcer faster.
Answered: Fri, 18 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor