Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Node on neck, is it the symptom of TB ?

I want to know the cause of protruding a node on the side of the neck. is there anything serious about it ? is it the symptom of TB? the person is very thin. he is never getting to good health. please give me the reply as soon as possible.
Asked On : Sun, 5 Sep 2010
Answers:  4 Views:  1549
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
  User's Response
enlarged lymph node indicates that there is an ongoing infection in the region that it drains.
In the neck, may be because of dental caries, tonsillitis, ear and sinus infections also seen in TB as you have brought out.
Visit a doctor, get the basic investigations done, that will help to treat your problem.
Answered: Mon, 24 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Radhika Thyagaraju's  Response
yes cervical lymph node can be enlarged due to TB.
however there are a lot of other causes for it like tonsillitis or ear infection etc.
i would advise you to meet a physician and get a complete health check up done.
i hope i have answered your query.
take care
Answered: Mon, 3 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.Welcome.This lymph node can be tubercular or due to many other reasons.Get X-ray chest,hemogram and FNAC of the lymph node done after consulting your treating physician.Good luck.
Answered: Mon, 3 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
Non specific enlargement of lymph nodes are common.
Most probably it is due to chronic infection in ears,tonsils,teeth,any infection on scalp like dermatitis,dandruff,fungal infection.
In TB,these lymphnodes are multiple,matted.
If we suspect TB then go for other investigations like blood test,montouqie test,X ray chest,sputum test.
Otherwise go for general ent check up and go for treatment accordingly.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Mon, 3 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor