Node on neck, is it the symptom of TB ?

I want to know the cause of protruding a node on the side of the neck. is there anything serious about it ? is it the symptom of TB? the person is very thin. he is never getting to good health. please give me the reply as soon as possible.
Mon, 24 Oct 2011
enlarged lymph node indicates that there is an ongoing infection in the region that it drains.
In the neck, may be because of dental caries, tonsillitis, ear and sinus infections also seen in TB as you have brought out.
Visit a doctor, get the basic investigations done, that will help to treat your problem.
General & Family Physician Dr. Radhika Thyagaraju's  Response
hello,
yes cervical lymph node can be enlarged due to TB.
however there are a lot of other causes for it like tonsillitis or ear infection etc.
i would advise you to meet a physician and get a complete health check up done.
i hope i have answered your query.
take care
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.Welcome.This lymph node can be tubercular or due to many other reasons.Get X-ray chest,hemogram and FNAC of the lymph node done after consulting your treating physician.Good luck.
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
Non specific enlargement of lymph nodes are common.
Most probably it is due to chronic infection in ears,tonsils,teeth,any infection on scalp like dermatitis,dandruff,fungal infection.
In TB,these lymphnodes are multiple,matted.
If we suspect TB then go for other investigations like blood test,montouqie test,X ray chest,sputum test.
Otherwise go for general ent check up and go for treatment accordingly.
Ok and bye.